Glendale Wrongful Death Attorneys
Losing a cherished spouse or family member can be devastating. Losing that loved one before their time can add a layer of anger and confusion to those feelings of loss. A premature death isn’t just heartbreaking; it often entails thousands of dollars in medical expenses prior to the end, a lost income for the household, or the loss of a parent or child. While nothing can bring back a loved one, victims cannot move on with their lives before these facts are dealt with.
Compensation after a wrongful death in California
When death comes as the result of an accident—be it a car crash, a missed diagnosis, or an accident on the job—the families of these accident victims may have a right to seek compensation from those who were responsible for the accident. A wrongful death lawsuit can bring desperately-needed financial help to families of those killed due to someone else’s negligence. The Los Angeles area wrongful death attorneys at McReynolds Vardanyan are the professional and compassionate attorneys you want fighting on your behalf after the loss of a loved one. Our experienced Glendale accidental death lawyers will give your case the attention it needs to help you get the compensation you deserve after a devastating loss. Contact our offices today for a no-cost consultation on your California wrongful death claim.
What is a wrongful death action?
When someone dies as the result of an accident, California law permits certain family members of the deceased person to bring a wrongful death lawsuit. The family members who can bring a wrongful death claim include:
- Domestic partners
- Grandchildren, if their parents (the children of the person who died) are also dead
- Minors who depended on the deceased person for at least half of their financial support, such as their stepchildren
- In limited cases, the parents, siblings, or other relatives of the deceased person
These family members can seek damages for both the economic and non-economic losses they suffered as a result of their loved one’s death.
Economic damages describe the types of financial losses that family members suffer after a death, including:
- The costs associated with the deceased person’s funeral and burial
- Lost earnings that the person likely would have earned and contributed to their families, had they lived
- Lost benefits or gifts that the deceased person’s family members were likely to have received or inherited from them
- The financial value of household services that the deceased person provided, such as childcare or home maintenance
Non-economic damages describe losses of a non-financial nature, including:
- Loss of companionship and love
- Loss of affection
- Loss of moral support
- Loss of sexual intimacy
Wrongful death claims often involve high stakes, and they can be complex and challenging. It is important to find attorneys whom you can trust to represent you in a wrongful death action to offer your family the best possible chances of making a full recovery on your claim.
Help is Available after a Wrongful Death in Glendale or Los Angeles
For seasoned, dedicated, and experienced legal help with a Los Angeles wrongful death lawsuit, contact the Glendale offices of McReynolds & Vardanyan for a free consultation on your case at 818-855-2115.