Work Injury Lawyer Serving Los Angeles
Most of us spend the majority of our waking hours at work. While on a job site or in the office, we entrust our employers with our health and safety. We trust that our employers will provide us with the safety equipment we may need to do our job, such as helmets, harnesses, or tools that are in good repair. We trust that our employers will regularly inspect our workplace for hazards and will conduct any necessary repairs as damage arises. We trust that we’ll receive protection from harmful chemicals or dangerous materials. As Los Angeles work injury lawyers, we understand these are areas that, as workers, we simply can’t control for ourselves.
Help fighting for the compensation you deserve after a workplace accident
Unfortunately, many employers fail to take all necessary steps to protect their employees, and as a result, workers end up hurt. The National Safety Council reports that a worker is injured on the job every seven seconds. After suffering a work-related injury in California, you may have a right to receive help paying your medical bills, payment for wages lost due to missed work, and other financial assistance through workers’ compensation benefits. If a third-party is responsible for the injury instead of the employer, you may have a personal injury claim against the at-fault party for their negligence. Working with an experienced California personal injury attorney will help you get the compensation you deserve while you’re recovering from an injury. After an accident on the job in Los Angeles, contact the professional and determined workplace accident lawyers at McReynolds Vardanyan LLP for a free consultation on your case.
What are common causes of workplace accidents?
Construction workers face a great deal of risk on the job, but they aren’t the only employees at risk of getting hurt at work. Professional drivers, food service industry workers, and even office workers get hurt on the job every day. Common causes of workplace accidents include:
- Defective equipment or tools: Heavy industrial equipment and tools must be regularly maintained in order to remain safe. When this maintenance isn’t done, or when manufacturers design or build a piece of equipment defectively, workers can get hurt by this equipment on the job.
- Slip-and-fall injuries: Workplace fall injuries can have serious, even life-threatening, consequences, such as when a worker falls from a defective ladder or scaffolding that was negligently erected by a third-party contractor. But workers can also suffer trip-and-fall or slip-and-fall injuries when using dangerous stairs or tripping over negligently-laid cables. These accidents can occur at the regular workplace or when working off-site on the property of a third party.
- Lifting injuries: Lifting heavy objects can result in serious sprains, strains, or herniations when workers have not received proper training or safety equipment.
- Being struck by falling objects: Objects dropped from a height can cause traumatic brain injuries to those working below, especially when workers haven’t been provided with appropriate safety equipment, such as helmets.
- Car accidents: Traffic accidents are a leading cause of injury for construction workers and other employees. Workers can get injured in a car crash caused by negligent or distracted drivers while traveling between job sites, picking up supplies, making deliveries or performing other job duties.
Even when a worker’s injuries were clearly caused by a negligent third party, insurance companies may search for reasons to deny a claim or reduce the amount of compensation to be paid. Workplace accident victims often find that insurers are more motivated to provide full compensation when they’re represented by experienced personal injury attorneys. The Los Angeles work injury lawyers at McReynolds Vardanyan are dedicated to fighting for accident victims and have the years of experience negotiating with insurers that you need on your side after a workplace accident. Contact our Glendale offices today for a free evaluation of your case.
Compassionate and Dependable Attorneys for Workplace Accidents in Los Angeles and Glendale
For seasoned, professional, and dedicated legal help after an injury on the job in southern California, contact the Glendale offices of McReynolds Vardanyan LLP at 818-855-2115.