Glendale Premises Liability Attorney Serving Los Angeles
Every day when we go to grocery stores, office buildings, apartment complexes, or even private homes, we carry a general expectation so basic that, for the most part, we never even think about it: We expect to be safe. We expect that the ceiling will not fall on our heads, that the staircase won’t collapse, and that we will not suddenly find the floor so slippery that it leads to a serious fall. When premises owners fail to keep their property safe for visitors, customers, and guests, they are responsible for any injuries that result. Holding property owners responsible for injuries caused by their negligence is an area of law known as premises liability.
The passionate Southern California personal injury lawyers at McReynolds Vardanyan have decades of combined experience helping injured accident victims recover the compensation they deserve from the parties responsible. If you were hurt on someone else’s property, whether it was in the middle of a room, in the entranceway, on a staircase, or even on the sidewalk just outside, you might have a claim for relief. Our dedicated premises liability attorneys are here to help.
Dedicated Service to Californians Injured in All Types of Accidents
The seasoned Los Angeles premises liability lawyers at McReynolds Vardanyan represent victims injured in all manner of premises liability incidents. Whether you were hurt in a grocery store, a residential home, a commercial complex, a department store, an office building, or on a construction site, you have a right to recover if your injuries were caused or permitted by the negligence of the property owners or operators.
Premises liability governs a wide variety of accident types and locations, including the following:
- Water injuries. Owners of pools, hot tubs, and other water facilities are required to keep those facilities safe for use by guests and to secure those facilities against accidental injury. Pool owners may be liable when a guest injures themselves on an inadequately-labeled shallow portion of a pool, or if they fail to fence-off a pool when they know there is a risk that children would come upon the pool and find it an attractive nuisance.
- Slip and fall. The classic premises liability injury involves a person slipping on a wet floor or tripping over a hidden hazard and suffering injury as a result. Premises owners and operators are responsible for remedying any wet floor or other dangerous condition they or their employers create, as well as regularly inspecting the premises for any dangerous condition they should know about. The responsibility of property owners may extend to a privately-owned sidewalk or parking lot outside the building.
- Negligent security. Not all premises liability claims arise from accidents. Many businesses are required to provide sufficient security in and around their commercial properties. If a business fails to, for example, maintain adequate security in a parking garage and a guest is assaulted or robbed, that guest may have a claim based on negligent security.
- Animal attacks. If you are a guest, customer, or visitor, the property owner must properly secure any animals on the premises or adequately warn about the hazards of any animals.
- Fire or electrocution. Premises owners are required to maintain their property to mitigate the risk of a fire or other hazard. If the building contains faulty wiring, a gas leak, or other maintenance problems that lead to a fire or other incident, the property owner may be held liable.
These are just a few of the many types of incidents governed by premises liability. If you or someone you care about was injured or killed on someone else’s property, a dedicated premises liability attorney at McReynolds Vardanyan can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Call Our Dedicated Los Angeles Premises Liability Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of a property owner in Los Angeles or Southern California, we want to hear from you. Call our Glendale office at 818-855-2115 for a free consultation to evaluate your case and make sure that you are prepared to get the recovery you deserve. Our experienced, efficient, and effective premises liability attorneys are ready to meet you and meet your needs.