Glendale Boating Accident Attorney Serving Los Angeles
If you or your loved one has been injured or killed in a boating accident in southern California, it is important to call an experienced and talented boat accident lawyer as soon as possible. A seasoned boating accident lawyer at McReynolds Vardanyan, LLP can investigate the circumstances of your boat accident, collect important evidence and witness statements, and build your case for recovery. Any delay in starting the investigation can make evidence harder to obtain and a full reconstruction of the accident less possible.
The passionate and effective Glendale personal injury attorneys at McReynolds Vardanyan are experienced in investigating injury accident claims, negotiating substantial settlements, and fighting for the rights of our clients. Call our boat accident injury legal team today for help pursuing damages after your southern California boating injury.
How do Boating Accidents and Injuries Happen?
At McReynolds Vardanyan, LLP, our personal injury lawyers have seen all types of accidents caused by any number of contributing factors. There is no one cause for boating accidents, but there are many factors that may come into play. While many accidents occur due to freak weather conditions or other circumstances outside of anyone’s control, more often than not, someone is to blame.
Boating accidents are typically caused by the negligent or reckless behavior of one or more people involved. Some common factors that contribute to boating accidents and injuries include:
- Boating while intoxicated. Just like driving a car, operating a boat should not be done while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Intoxicated boating is just as dangerous as drunk driving, and it is the leading cause of boat wrecks across the country.
- There are various speed limits applicable to different bodies of water and the boat’s proximity to the dock or shore. Speeding limits the operator’s control over the vessel, including the ability to steer or to stop. Speeding also increases the likelihood of serious injury or wrongful death.
- Defective equipment. Many boating accidents occur because a piece of equipment involved was defective. The boat may be equipped with an engine prone to stalling, a weakened deck or railing, or a defective design overall. Safety equipment such as life vests or life rafts may malfunction due to defective manufacture or design. Our boating accident attorneys will investigate the circumstances of your boat accident and find out if negligent manufacturing or a lack of proper maintenance contributed to a crash.
- Violation of boating regulations. There are several California and federal laws and regulations about who may operate a watercraft, how they must do so, and when they can do so. Violation of these regulations significantly increases the chances of an accident and is strong evidence of liability.
- Failure to account for weather or visibility issues. Operating a boat can become hazardous when there is excessive wind, fog, rain, snow, or other inclement weather. Boat operators must account for the increased dangers when poor weather occurs. Aggressive maneuvers such as overtaking another vessel while inside a dense fog can easily lead to a serious accident.
Damages Available After a Boating Accident in California
If you or a loved one has been injured in a boating accident in California, you might be able to pursue a variety of damages for the harm you and your family have suffered. A boating accident can lead to a victim losing a limb in a propeller accident, suffering head trauma by slipping on the deck, drowning under a vessel, or suffering any number of other serious injuries.
The personal injury legal team at McReynolds Vardanyan will fight to secure you the maximum compensation available, including damages for:
- Actual medical costs paid to date
- Future anticipated medical expenses, including treatments, surgeries, physical therapy, rehabilitation, nursing care, prosthetics, and other costs
- Loss of limb
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of life enjoyment or functionality
- Wrongful death and all associated damages
- Punitive damages
You and your family may be eligible for a wide range of damages. If the conduct of the defendant was especially egregious or reckless, such as if they were operating while intoxicated, you may be able to collect punitive damages. Punitive damages are awarded on top of “compensatory” damages (those that are meant to compensate the victim for the harm they suffered) and are meant to punish the wrongdoer. A dedicated boating accident lawyer at McReynolds Vardanyan can walk you through your claims and potential compensation.
Call Our Glendale Boat Accident Attorneys Today for Help
If you or someone you love has been injured in a boating accident in Los Angeles or elsewhere in southern California, we want to help you through the serious issues you are facing. Call our Glendale office at 818-855-2115 for a free consultation to evaluate your case and make sure that you are prepared to get the recovery you deserve. Our experienced, compassionate, and trial-ready boat accident attorneys are ready to meet you and meet your needs.