Experienced Southern California Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Slip, trip, and fall accidents are a common part of everyday life. These types of accidents are the second leading cause of injuries across the United States, behind only motor vehicle accidents. Slip and falls lead to over 1 million emergency room visits each year. Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers’ compensation claims in the country, and they are the biggest cause of work-related injury for people over the age of 55. Approximately 17,000 people die across the country every year from injuries sustained in a slip and fall accident.
Slip and falls are a regular part of life, but that does not mean that the people whose negligence causes them should be excused. Premises owners and operators can prevent these accidents through regular inspection and by employing proper safety precautions, and they should be held accountable when they fail to do so. Whether you have suffered painful and disabling fractures, head or spinal injury, disfigurement, or any other injury associated with a fall, you are entitled to recover from the people whose negligence led to your fall. You need passionate and experienced legal help on your side to maximize your recovery, and the seasoned Southern California personal injury lawyers at McReynolds Vardanyan are ready and eager to fight on your behalf.
Common locations for slip and fall accidents
The dedicated personal injury attorneys at McReynolds Vardanyan are experienced and prepared to handle a variety of premises liability accidents, including:
- Retail store negligence
- Worksite or office building negligence
- Maintenance or repair failures or oversights
- Restaurant liability
- Municipal liability
- Grocery store negligence
- Nursing home negligence
Whether you were shopping in a supermarket or walking down the hallway of an office building, if someone’s negligence creates a hazardous risk of slipping or tripping which leads to your injury, you are likely owed recovery.
Recovery for slip and fall accidents
Slip and fall accidents can cause a variety of injuries, sometimes fatal. Around 30% of those who suffer a fall will experience injury. The most common injuries are fractures, particularly hip fractures. Hip fractures are especially prevalent, and devastating, among the elderly. Hip fractures require surgery and often require full hip replacement. Slip and falls are, moreover, the leading cause of traumatic brain injury among people aged 65 and over.
At McReynolds Vardanyan, we will fight to ensure that you have the best chance to recover the maximum amount available under California law. Common damages in slip and fall cases include:
- Medical expenses. Emergency room visits, reconstructive surgery, prosthetics and other medical devices are extremely costly.
- Lost wages. Slip and falls are one of the leading causes of lost days from work. Twenty-two percent of slip and fall accidents result in over a month of lost workdays.
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy. Full recovery from a severe fracture often requires ongoing physical therapy and medical treatment.
- Serious injury, disablement, and disfigurement. Slips can lead to serious injury where, for example, the victim is elderly or the slip occurs in a hazardous area such as a staircase.
- Pain and suffering. Slip and fall injuries are painful in their own right and can lead to chronic pain and discomfort.
- Wrongful death. Particularly among people aged 65 and over, falls present a serious risk of death.
Call Our Glendale Slip and Fall Attorneys Today for Help
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident in Los Angeles or southern California, we want to hear from you. Call our Glendale office at 818-855-2115 for a free consultation to evaluate your case and make sure that you are prepared to get the recovery you deserve. Our honest, dependable and compassionate premises liability attorneys are ready to meet you and meet your needs.