Los Angeles Marijuana Business Litigation Lawyers
Recreational cannabis may be a new industry, but it is still a business like any other. When disputes arise between businesses and customers, lenders, or other business partners, the prospect of a lawsuit is not far off. To protect your interest, prevent litigation where possible, and see your way through a case where necessary, it is important to have a knowledgeable and effective legal team in your corner that understands business law, litigation, and the nuances of California cannabis law.
At McReynolds Vardanyan, our cannabis litigation legal team knows the ins and outs of all relevant areas of law. We are proficient in cannabis licensing and regulation, we are experienced practitioners of business and corporate law, and we know our way around a courtroom. We will work to resolve your cannabis business dispute efficiently, effectively, and economically, all while protecting your business venture and your professional interests.
Types of Marijuana Litigation Matters
Under the Adult Use of Marijuana Act, the recreational use of marijuana is legal in the State of California. Licensing and regulation of cannabis businesses are guided by the Medical and Adult Use of Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act (MAUCRSA). MAUCRSA is also the principal source of marijuana-related litigation, given that it governs distribution rights, licensing restrictions, and other regulations.
The seasoned marijuana litigation attorneys at McReynolds Vardanyan represent cannabis enterprises facing all manner of litigation, including the following:
- Intellectual property disputes
- Disagreements among owners and partners, including the proper owner of record
- Audits and investigations by administrative entities
- Conflicts arising over the purchase, sale, or merger of another entity
- Contract disputes between distributors and suppliers
- Purchase and sale of a cannabis dispensary
- Issues involving vendors and contractors
- Disputes involving dispensary sales, profits, taxes, or losses
- Challenges by partial owners, shareholders, joint venture entities, and other financial interest holders
- Employment disputes, such as wage and hour, wrongful termination, or contract disputes
- Litigation with lenders and other creditors
- Disputes over land use and entitlements
- Franchise disputes
Full-Service Cannabis Lawyers
The marijuana litigation attorneys at McReynolds Vardanyan are ready to stand by your side from day one of a dispute until the matter is fully resolved. We offer a wide range of litigation services, including:
- Negotiating favorable settlements
- Filing and responding to claims in civil court
- Alternative dispute resolution such as arbitration and mediation
- Sending cease and desist or demand letters
- Motion practice, discovery, expert retention, and all other aspects of a civil trial
- Release agreements
- Intellectual property agreements
- Preparing for and responding to regulatory audits, inquiries, and investigations
- Trial and appeal
Whatever the nature of your dispute, McReynolds Vardanyan is there to offer careful, considered, and effective advice and representation. Our office includes practiced trial attorneys, experienced business lawyers, and cutting-edge professionals in cannabis licensing and regulation. Through our combined areas of knowledge and practice, we are prepared to handle any and all manner of cannabis-related dispute.
Dedicated and Professional Marijuana Litigation Attorneys
If you are facing civil claims in connection with your marijuana or cannabis business, or if you have questions concerning cannabis regulatory issues in Los Angeles or Southern California, call McReynolds Vardanyan, LLP, in Glendale at 818-855-2115. Our California marijuana litigation attorneys are available 24/7 and are ready to help you protect your budding business and make sure it stays efficient, effective, and legally sound.